Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Saris for Dolls?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member SayuriWhispers's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On the same thread of wanting to make AGT15 an Indian girl (named Kalindi Eve..lol) I was wondering if anyone has made saris for dolls or knows where I can find either a pattern or AG sized saris? Thanks again guys! It's so much fun doing a doll project, lol

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Gombe Gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    406
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I myself have not yet made one, but I know that Julia has made a beautiful one! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    I am going to turn Josefina into a girl from India, (As you can probably tell from my signature! [img]smile.gif[/img] ) so I am very interested in seeing the saris that others have made.

    Good luck with your project! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ December 29, 2005 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Gombe Gal ]</font>

  3. #3
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    (human) Saris are just an 5-8 yard long piece of fabric folded VERY carefully over a drawstring petticoat.

    Most people wear shirts under them, but some do not. You should have seen my face the first time I saw it worn that way, the lady was about 50 and was basically topless [img]eek.gif[/img]

    Any of Josefina's skirts work just like sari petticoats and the sari itself is just a LONG piece of fabric. The scarves that are sold in Indian stores to match Salwar Kameez are perfect size for a sari for an 18 inch doll. (they are 12 inches high, by about 3 feet long)

    http://www.dmi-india.com/showcase11.html

    That link shows how to fold and wear a sari

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SayuriWhispers's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2005
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you so much, GreyMyst! I bookmarked that site so when Kalindi comes I can make her sari right. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    JuliaAM made a beautiful sari for her Josefina.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Some time ago I rewigged a much battered AGT15 and made her into my sweet Rhada (named in honor of the beloved of Lord Krishna).
    She usually dresses in "occidental" garb, but she owns a silk sari for the festivals.
    You can see Rhada in this picture and the ones towards the end of the album.

    All I did was get a short t-shirt to serve as her chali, get her a peticoat (just a light color coordinated skirt will do) and a silk scarf.

    Good luck and have fun with your girl!

    Ana [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •